Safety First policy
Mashreq becomes the first and the only bank in the UAE to adopt and implement a near-complete Work From Home (WFH) policy.
In late March, Mashreq became the first and the only bank in the UAE to adopt and implement a near-complete Work From Home (WFH) policy, to ensure maximum safety and security of employees during the Covid-19 pandemic.
At a time when other financial and non-financial institutions were struggling to achieve even a quarter of staff strength in safety mode, Mashreq recorded a commendable 97% WFH capacity within days. (The remaining 3% were fulfilling essential frontline banking roles at branches).
Mashreq’s WFH policy complemented and added up to several other ground-breaking safety measures including free counselling sessions with psychologists, an eponymous ‘Good Vibes’ initiative, and a thoughtfully staggered policy on returning staff to offices.